Unfortunately this video is no longer available, but you can see the screen captures below!
The Aurora australis have become something of an island obsession. Tasmania is relatively well situated to see the Aurora from ground level… but imagine what you could see if you were in orbit… Selmes Films has compiled a stunning piece using Space Station footage of this most magical and colourful of spectacles. Enjoy!
“It all starts with a great sense of adventure, then a lot of driving, hiking, climbing, scrambling, jumping, crawling, humping heavy camera gear around, facing extreme elements and lots of patience. Sometimes it just comes down to being in the right place at the right time.”
Phil & Joan’s story begins in late 2012 when after 20 years of working we decided to throw in our jobs and spend a year long sabbatical travelling around Australia.
After returning to work we longed to venture back into the wild, free of daily commutes and work routines, exploring this vast country and creating new films. So in June 2018 we left our jobs again and set about planning an extended break doing what we love.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)