Produced with Environment Tasmania, a non-profit conservation council dedicated to the protection, conservation and rehabilitation of Tasmania’s natural environment.
The oceans are fundamental to all life on earth. Healthy oceans:
- produce half of the planet’s oxygen
- provide nourishment such as seafood
- regulate temperature and control climatic systems such as rainfall
- protect coasts from erosion
- provide medical treatments for diseases such as cancer
- provide the largest store of carbon in the world
From Ocean Planet Tasmania oceanplanet.org.au
Ocean Planet Tasmania is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation who is committed to a sustainable future for Tasmania’s marine environment and all that relies on it – our unique wildlife, our idyllic Tasmanian lifestyle and a secure fishing industry for generations to come.
We are a community of individuals – including scientists, fishers, divers and conservationists – who aim to educate and engage the community in achieving a healthy, vibrant marine environment. We organise public events, hold information stalls, meetings and conduct internships through the state’s conservation council Environment Tasmania, to further our aims.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)