Through the Goblin Forest: Mountain Biking the Blue Derby Trails
Tracks Less Travelled
It’s hard to understand all the buzz about the mountain biking renaissance in Tasmania without actually getting on a bike and giving it your best shot. But there is a way to experience the flow and magic of a downhill mountain bike trail – just follow along with the Tracks Less Travelled duo as they zip down from the Blue Tier Plateau, through the Goblin Forest, and onto the Atlas Trail. More tree ferns and granite boulders than you could ever imagine. Dylan is wearing the camera and Candace is the one under the gate at the start of the video. It’s a surprisingly poetic experience – something as fluid as surf or ski video with more to look at.
The Blue Tier Wilderness Trail is arguably the greatest mountain bike trail Australia has ever seen and is an absolute must when visiting the town of Derby.
The Blue Tier stretches almost 20km and descends from scarce sub-alpine scenery down through the dense mountainous area known as the Goblin Forest…. Kilometres of smooth flowing berms and jumps where not one pedal stroke is required…
Waiting for you below the Weldborough Hotel is the Atlas Trail. A little different from the smooth fast style of the Blue Tier, the Atlas is a little more rugged and technical. A great way to test your skills before taking one of the many routes back into Derby.
Superior dirt and professional building over the entirety of these trails sets this adventure aside from any other mountain biking we have experienced before! As a result, we would recommend this to everyone!
We are Candace and Dylan, a dashing young couple who are excitable, adventurous and more than a little crazy! Our sole purpose in life is to provide fellow rad folk with entertaining and exhilarating guides on our favourite hiking and mountain biking destinations. So what are you waiting for? Get inspired.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)